Join the Linn County Blues Society, and you can have the Blues every day!
Most people in Linn County and surrounding areas recognize the Linn County Blues Society as the organization that puts on Bluesmore Festival every August. What many don’t know is that we are busy all year round with cultural and civic activities that contribute to our community in general, and that support and promote the Blues at many levels.
Each month we produce the Bluespaper, packed with information about local venues and artists, reviews of performances and recordings, and insights into the Blues, both new and old. Members receive the Bluespaper by mail each month, as well as a weekly email with the latest info about upcoming shows for the week to come. Other direct benefits of LCBS membership include discounts at participating local businesses.
LCBS membership is very affordable, and is far more valuable than your financial contribution. Proceeds from our $20 annual individual membership fee are used to get the word out about the Blues in our area, and as seed money to keep our charitable, cultural and educational programs thriving. Our corporate sponsors have been willing to assist generously with programs that demonstrate public support. Your membership in LCBS helps prove that support, and assists us in gaining access to the resources and services needed to maintain our programs.
While we at LCBS love the Blues, we’re about more than sitting around digging on fine music:
- We underwrite, organize and produce educational programs in the public schools.
- We hold fundraising events that provide resources to local social and cultural programs.
- We strive to preserve and promote one of America’s most unique musical traditions.
- We work to assure that the Blues, in all its forms, remains a living, breathing force in our society.
Members are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings, and to become involved in the programs of the LCBS. Most of our activities are staffed by volunteers, and we’d love to have you bring your talents to bear on the work we do. LCBS members serve many functions in our organization as well in our community. Most members find a way to contribute directly to our programs by volunteering for events and ongoing programs, networking with other organizations, or otherwise using their natural talents on behalf of the LCBS.
New members may join at any meeting. Print the Membership form and bring it with you to the meeting, or simply send it in to us and begin enjoying the benefits right away.
Please consider becoming an active member of the Linn County Blues Society. If the Blues are a part of your life, make your life part of the Blues by joining us in supporting the artists, venues, organizations and people who make it such a joy to have the Blues.
LCBS Members – use your membership to get great discounts at these business:
- SAVE 10% off meals at Leo’s Italian Restaurant in Oelwein!
- SAVE at the Tic Toc Restaurant! Buy one, get one ½ price on any regular breakfast entrée or sandwich!
- SAVE at Genghis Grills in Cedar Rapids! 10% off entire ticket ANYTIME!
- SAVE at Hamilton Mortgage! $250 off closing costs (ask for Jessica)